Story in Best New Horror 31
It’s an honour to have my story ‘Wake the Dead’ included in Best New Horror #31, edited by Stephen Jones and published by PS Publishing.
You can get the limited edition hardback edition or a trade paperback edition – but, if you pre-order the hardback now, you’ll get the paperback included! That way you can keep the snazzy copy and gift the paperback to a friend.
Check out the table of contents:
- Introduction: Horror in 2019 — THE EDITOR
- Zombie-ish — SCOTT BRADFIELD
- Wake the Dead — MAURA MCHUGH
- Mercy Brown — CAITLÍN R. KIERNAN
- Mama Bruise — JONATHAN CARROLL
- The Same As the Air — ALISON LITTLEWOOD
- Getting Through — RAMSEY CAMPBELL
- The Children of Medea — STEPHEN BACON
- The Water of Dhu’l Nun — DON WEBB
- Under the Frenzy of the Fourteenth Moon — RON WEIGHELL
- The Promise of Saints — ANGELA SLATTER
- Crawlspace Oracle — RICHARD GAVIN
- Downriver — MICHAEL CHISLETT
- Death in All Its Ripeness — MARK SAMUELS
- Shrapnel — RICHARD CHRISTIAN MATHESON
- Precipice — DALE BAILEY
- Antripuu — SIMON STRANTZAS
- A Crown of Leaves — KRISTI DeMEESTER
- A Stay at the Shores — STEVE RASNIC TEM
- The Old Man of the Woods — REGGIE OLIVER
- Iron City — TANITH LEE
- Slough — GLEN HIRSHBERG
- A Species of the Dead — D.P. WATT
- The Burning Woods — MICHAEL MARSHALL SMITH
- Necrology: 2019 — STEPHEN JONES & KIM NEWMAN
- Useful Addresses
Thanks to Steve for his faith in my story, and I’m looking forward to receiving my copy of the anthology – PS Publishing always produce beautiful tomes.
The cover art is by comic book artist, Hy Fleishman.