The Boughs Withered (When I Told Them My Dreams)
- NewCon Press, UK: August, 2019. This collection contains twenty horror/dark fantasy short stories, including four original to the volume.
- Barron’s Educational Series: 1 February, 2013. This collection contains twenty classic fairy tales told with a dark slant, with lavish illustrations by Jane Laurie.
- Barron’s Educational Series: 1 October, 2013. This collection contains twenty myths from around the world with beautiful illustrations by Jane Laurie.
Comic Books (available in a graphic novel format)
Witchfinder Omnibus, Volume 1.
- This Omnibus contains the first three volumes of the Sir Edward Grey: Witchfinder series, including Volume 3: The Mysteries of Unland. Details below. Dark Horse comics, 2019.
Mansion of Madness comic book anthology
- Contains ‘Words are not Read’, short story script by Maura McHugh, art by Alex Patterson, and lettering by Bolt-01. Edited by Lee Robson and Dan Hill. Available on Comixology.
Outside comic book anthology
- Contains ‘Colours’, short story script by Maura McHugh, drawn and coloured by John Riordan. Eds. Amir Naaman & Doron Hamburger; Ash Pure, 2017.
Witchfinder: The Mysteries of Unland
- Story & script by Maura McHugh & Kim Newman; art by Tyler Crook; Colourist: Dave Stewart; Cover Artist Mike Mignola; for Dark Horse Comics, 2015. (Sir Edward Grey, Witchfinder was created by Mike Mignola for the Hellboy universe.) Trade paperback collection of five-issue mini-series.
Womanthology: Heroic comic book anthology
- Contains ‘The Nail’, short story script by Maura McHugh, art & colours by Star St. Germain; story edited by Suzannah Rowntree. Published by IDW Publishing, 2012.
A full list of all comics is available on the Credits page.
- A Midnight Movie Monograph for Electric DreamHouse Press, an imprint of PS Publishing, 2017. Series editor Neil Snowdon.
We Are The Martians: The Legacy of Nigel Kneale anthology
- Contains ‘Under the Influence: Kneale’s Dramatic Legacy’. PS Publishing, 2017, edited by Neil Snowdon.
A full list of all non-fiction is available on the Credits page.
- Abaddon Books, 2020. (This is set in the 2000 AD Judges series.)
Short Stories (available in Anthologies)
- Contains ‘In the Woods’, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2006
- Contains ‘Bone Mother’. Eds. Sean Wallace & Paul Tremblay; Prime Books, 2007.
Year’s Best Dark Fantasy and Horror 2010
- Contains ‘Vic’,. Ed. Paula Guran, Prime Books, 2010.
- Contains ‘Valerie’. Ed. Ian Whates, NewCon Press, 2014.
- Contains ‘Family’. Ed. Joe S. Pulver, Chaosium Inc, 2015.
Obsidian: A Decade of Horror Stories by Women
- Contains ‘Valerie’. Ed. by Ian Whates, NewCon Press, 2016.
- Contains ‘Zel and Grets’. Ed. Erin Underwood, NESFA Press, 2016.
- Contains ‘The Light at the Centre’. Ed. Brian J. Showers, Swan River Press, 2016.
- Contains ‘The Fruit of the Tree’. Ed. Ian Whates, NewCon Press, 2016.
- Contains ‘A Rebellious House’. Ed. Joe S. Pulver, Fedogan and Bremer, 2016.
- Contains ‘Spooky Girl’. Ed. by Kate Laity, Fox Spirit Books, 2017.
Walk on the Weird Side
- Contains ‘Impossible to Feign’. Ed. Joe S. Pulver, NecronomiCon-Providence, 2017.
- Contains ‘The Mechanical Marionette Mob’. Ed. Ian Edington, Rebellion Publishing, 2019.
Great British Horror 4: Dark and Stormy Nights
- Contains ‘Oathkeeper’. Ed. Steve J. Shaw, Black Shuck Books, 2019.
Nowhereville: Weird Is Other People
- Contains ‘Y’. Ed. Scott Gable and C. Dombrowski, Broken Eye Books, 2019.
- Contains ‘Faith & Fred’. Ed. Marie O’Regan and Paul Kane, Titan Books, 2020.
The Best of British Fantasy 2019
- Contains ‘Wake the Dead’. Ed. Jared Shurin, NewCon Press, 2020.
A full list of all short stories is available on the Credits page.