We Are The Martians – The Legacy of Nigel Kneale
After a change of publishers I’m delighted to say that the We Are The Martians – The Legacy of Nigel Kneale, edited by Neil Snowdon, is now available for pre-order from PS Publishing. It is due to be published next month.
This is a collection of essays and observations about the film and TV work by the incredibly influential and ground-breaking British screenwriter, Nigel Kneale.
Here’s the Table of Contents for this terrific anthology, which will be a must for anyone who was a fan of Kneale’s work.
- Foreword – Mark Gatiss
- Introduction – Neil Snowdon
- King Of Hauntology – Mark Chadbourn
- The Literary Kneale – Tim Lucas
- The Quatermass Conception – Stephen Bissette
- A Conversation With Judith Kerr – Neil Snowdon
- On Nigel Kneale – Ramsey Campbell
- The Quatermass Legacy: A Personal Reflection On Kneale And His Influence – David Pirie
Creeping Unknown Pt1:
- Wuthering Heights, The Crunch, Nineteen Eighty Four – Kim Newman
- Phenomena Badly Observed, And Wrongly Explained: Quatermass, The Pit, And Me – John Llewellyn Probert
- Under The Influence – Maura McHugh
- A Conversation With Joe Dante – Neil Snowdon
- Brief Encounter – Stephen Laws
- Adaptation And Anger, Or The Nigel Kneale-John Osbourne Synthesis – Richard Harland Smith
- ‘The Promised End’ Nigel Kneale’s Lost Masterpiece from 1963: The Road – Jonathan Rigby
- A Conversation With Mark Gatiss – Neil Snowdon
- Cool The Audience, Cool The World: Media, Mind Control & The Modern Family – Kier-La Janisse
- Pushing The Door He Unlocked: Ghostwatch And The Stone Tape – Stephen Volk
- Beasts: An Overview – Mark Morris
- It Would Have Been Suckled, You Know’: Beasts And ‘Baby’ An Appreciation – Jeremy Dyson
- Quatermass: Rebirth & Ressurection – Jez Winship
- The Quatermass Conclusion: An Interview With Nigel Kneale – David Sutton.
Creeping Unknown Pt2:
- Kinvig – Kim Newman
- In Pursuit Of Unhappy Endings: Chris Burt & Herbert Wise on The Woman In Black – Tony Earnshaw
- Where’s Kneale When You Need Him- Thana Niveau
- Creeping Unknown Pt3:
- Sharpe’s Gold & Kavanagh QC – Kim Newman
- On Wishing For A Nigel Kneale Childhood – Lynda E. Rucker
Chapbook [deluxe edition]
- The Big, Big Giggle with introduction by Nigel Kneale.
The cover art is by David Chatton Barker.