A story in Obsidian
In 2016 NewCon Press celebrates its 10th anniversary, and to mark that achievement it’s releasing a number of publications next year, including an eBook-only retrospective anthology of horror short fiction written by women that NewCon published during its first decade.
Thus we have Obsidian: A Decade of Horror Stories by Women, which is now available to pre-order on Amazon. You can get it at a specially discounted price which will go up once the book launches on 29 January 2016.
I’m delighted that editor and publisher Ian Whates is including my short story, ‘Valerie’, in this anthology with such a strong line-up of talent. The story originally appeared in NewCon’s anthology La Femme.
Here’s the ToC (the story by Laura Mauro is an original piece for the volume):
1. Introduction – Ian Whates
2. Sarah Pinborough – Do You See?
3. Liz Williams – Indicating the Awakening of Persons Buried Alive
4. Marie O’Regan – The Cradle in the Corner
5. Kari Sperring – Seaborne
6. Tanith Lee – Underfog (The Wreckers)
7. Kelley Armstrong – Young Bloods
8. Alison Littlewood – On the Grey Road
9. Molly Brown – Living with the Dead
10. Donna Scott – The Grimoire
11. Susan Sinclair – Lifeline
12. Lisa Tuttle – Paul’s Mother
13. Emma Coleman – Home
14. Maura McHugh – Valerie
15. Laura Mauro – Obsidian
On the last day of 2015 it’s nice to look forward to a new publication in 2016.
Happy New Year!