Tomorrow marks the start of Shamrokon in Dublin, the European science fiction convention (Eurocon) which is held in a different country each year.
After all the fun and frolics at Worldcon in London last weekend, I’m approaching this event with anticipation, tempered with a little fatigue.
Here’s my schedule:
- Made In Ireland: Fantasy Classics By Irish Authors: Friday 15:00 – 16:00, D. Ulster
- Le Fanu Track: Vampire Lovers – Le Fanu and the Silver Screen: Saturday 15:00 – 16:00, C. Munster
- Le Fanu Track: Dracula vs. Carmilla: Saturday 16:00 – 17:00, C. Munster
- Women of 2000AD: Sunday 12:00 – 13:00, C. Munster
- Golden Blasters: Sunday 14:00 – 16:00, B. Lansdowne
There were so many attendees at Loncon last weekend, and I was so busy, that this weekend will be an opportunity to catch up with many of the people I missed completely in London.