I’m reeling from the news this evening that I’ve been nominated for a British Fantasy Award in the Best Comic/Graphic Novel category for my writing on the Jennifer Wilde mini-series Unlikely Revolutionaries, along with artist Stephen Downey, and writer Karen Mahoney (who wrote the stand-alone JW story The Wilde Hunt). The comics were published by Atomic Diner Comics in Dublin.
I’m honoured to be nominated in such talented company. Here’s the entire short list:
Best Comic/Graphic Novel
- Demeter, Becky Cloonan (Becky Cloonan)
- Jennifer Wilde, Maura McHugh, Karen Mahoney and Stephen Downey (Atomic Diner Comics)
- Porcelain, Benjamin Read and Chris Wildgoose (Improper Books)
- Rachel Rising, Terry Moore (Abstract Studio)
- Saga, Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples (Image Comics)
- The Unwritten, Mike Carey and Peter Gross (Vertigo)
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at FantasyCon in York on 6 or 7 September 2014, depending on the convention’s scheduling.
My thanks to those who nominated Jennifer Wilde for this award!
And a huge thank you to Rob Curley at Atomic Diner Comics for asking me to write the mini-series.