There are two terrific guests of honour that I’m very excited about meeting: comic book writer Gail Simone, and author Richard K Morgan. Both of them have created work I both enjoy and admire, so it will be a privilege to hear them talk about their interests.
Here’s my schedule:
- 13:00 – Masterclass in Contemporary Fantasy (Pavilion) with Peadar Ó Guilín and Liz Bourke
- 15:00 – I Don’t Believe It, But It’s True (Abbey) with Ruth Frances Long, Leann Hamilton, and Alan Nolan
- 16:00 – Best 2013 Books for Award Consideration (Pavilion) with Peadar Ó Guilín, Liz Bourke, and Carol Connolly
- 19:00 – The Golden Blasters (Tivoli) hosted by John Vaughan (I’m on the jury)
- 11:00 – Cinematic (Abbey) with Gail Simone, Joanne Stanley, Michael Carroll, and Stephen Downey
- 13:00 – Comic Books That You Should Be Reading (Pavilion) with James Brophy, James Bacon, and Leann Hamilton
- 15:00 – Guess the Next Big Thing! (Tivoli) with Brian J. Showers, Derek Gunn, and Paul Shortt
I’ll have a pretty busy couple of days, so I hope I’ll get a chance to catch up with everyone during the convention.
Edited to add: I wanted to mention that an open meeting will take place at 5pm on Saturday 12th October at Octocon to discuss holding a Worldcon in Dublin in 2019. Information will be available about Worldcon, the venue, progress so far, what they hope to achieve, and what fans would like to happen. All interested parties are very welcome.
A visit to the Convention Centre Dublin is planned on Monday morning, 14 October for those wanting to get a better look at this fabulous venue. More information will available about this at the information session at Octocon.