In a few hours I’ll be heading to Dublin for Octocon, the Irish National Science Fiction convention. It’s always a fun event and I’m looking forward to meeting people.
Here’s my schedule:
Saturday, 13 October
- Noon in the Abbey Room – Brains, Brains and Brains! With Emmet O’Cuanna, Derek Gunn, and Lynn Moran
- 1pm in the Pavilion Room – Masterclass in Modern Science Fiction. With Peadar Ó Guilín, and Carol Connolly
- 5pm in the Tivoli Room – Serialisation vs graphic novels. With C.E Murphy, Michael Carroll, Alan Nolan, and Rob Curley
Sunday, 14 October
- Noon in the Tivoli Room – Why so violent? With Oisin McGann, Heather Turnbull, Celine Kiernan, Ruth F. Long, and Rob Curley
- 1pm in the Abbey Room – The Momous Report: Atomic Diner Interview. Emmet O’Cuanna interviews Rob Curley and me for a podcast.
- 6pm in the Abbey Room – I love the book, but why can’t the author stop talking? With Robert Mc Gregor, Oisin McGann, Peadar Ó Guilín, and Lynda Rucker
I’m also very much looking forward to The Golden Blasters short film competition, which is taking place at 3pm on Sunday in the Tivoli Room. Once again filmmaker John Vaughan has selected a diverse range of sf/horror short films for the delectation, and judgement, of the audience. It’s become one of my highlights of the convention.