Spooky Girl in Respectable Horror
I’m pleased to say that my short story ‘Spooky Girl’ will be appearing in a forthcoming anthology from Fox Spirit Books, called Respectable Horror, which is edited by Kate Laity.
I’ve admired the work of Fox Spirit Books for some time – a more recent British small press, set up by Adele Wearing, which quickly began winning awards for its range of interesting titles. More importantly to the likes of me, it has a reputation for professionalism. Kate Laity is an audacious polymath of wide-ranging expertise, and it’s always fun and enjoyable to be in her company.
So I’m looking forward to working with both of these forces for good (literature).
Here’s the line-up of authors:
- The Astartic Arcanum – Carol Borden
- The Well Wisher – Matthew Pegg
- The Little Beast – Octavia Cade
- The Holy Hour – Chloë Yates
- A Framework – Richard Barber
- Malefactor – Austin Waller
- The Estate of Edward Moorehouse – Ian Burdon
- Spooky Girl – Maura McHugh
- Full Tote Gods – Damien White
- A Splash of Crimson – Catherine Lundoff
- Where Demons Don’t Tread – Suzanne Willis
- The Recovery – Edward Gauvin
- Running a Few Errands – Su Haddrell
- The Feet on the Roof – Anjana Basu
- Miss Metcalf – Ivan Kershner
- In These Rooms, These Houses – Jonathan Oliver
- Those Who Can’t – Rosalind Mosis